"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity,
it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
~ Agatha Christie

Alex, Cole and Braden - At 2 years, 2 months

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Bath For Three

We usually give the kids a bath separately every other night. All three right after one another, boom, boom, boom. An assembly line of cleaning babies! I bathe them and Mike does the diapering, lotioning, changing. And that means that at any given time, there is a baby hanging out, somewhere in the house, left to their own devices. Scary.

We typically put on their favorite Sesame Street Sing Along DVD, complete with "Rubber Duckie" so they can get psyched for their bath! Well, ok, that's not the reason. But it does keep them occupied for the little time we need them to be, which gets me psyched! Plus, we get the added bonus of memorizing every. single. song. on that DVD. Put that on my resume!

So, it's not the best situation, but it works, for now. I have been wanting to try bathing all three together...to see what it would be like...easier? harder? I needed to know! It seemed that if we could conquer this feat, it would cut bath time down significantly. And that, dear readers, would be so priceless to us. You see the motivation here? That, and it would be super cute, seeing them all in there together, playing together.

It was more than just a bath together, it was a Big Day! We got them all in and Mike pulled out the "Bath Toy" he has been saving for this very moment. I kid you not, it was that important! We actually had it on our Registry List for our baby shower...Mike scanned it when we were about 5 months pregnant with the trio, looking like a little kid himself. I was laughing and crying because when he found it, the look on his face registered pure joy and excitement. He was really ready to be a Dad. In that moment, I knew we were going to be ok.

All that over a toy!

Now, you wonder, what kind of toy could change us so profoundly? A Crayola Bath ColorWorks Suds Thingy. I can't remember the exact name of it and I'm too lazy to go find it right now...but in essence, it makes the bath a Bubble Bath, and changes the suds different colors - it allows the "kid" (however old they may be, say 35) to twirl handles, flip levers and press buttons, all to create suds and change the bath into a green or blue foaming mess. Fun! I think they are still a little too young for it yet, and Mike is still a little too old for it, but it was fun nonetheless. ;)

Braden is so gosh darn adorable...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Playing with the ColorWorks Thingy
Photobucket
Photobucket

Braden
Photobucket
Alex
Photobucket
Cole, with the typical wagging finger in his face!
Photobucket

"Three in the bath" was a fun experience, but certainly not the efficiency model I was hoping for! Letting them all play took a lot more time than before. So, back to the one on one time....maybe in a few months we'll go back to bathing them all together and get the stopwatches out again! Just kidding. I am really hoping they can start to enjoy bath time together instead of being soaped up in record time just so Mommy and Daddy can throw them into bed a little quicker each night! Play time for them is important enough to us to lose a few zzzzs every once in a while.

I am going to try something different here. There have been so many events or just little things that I have never posted about since so much time passed after them, they seemed irrelevant to tell the story at that point. Say, like the Christening. Huge! But I never got a chance to post pics or tell the story. So, I think I am going to go back and pull out some random pictures every week, something I missed posting because I had no time at the time, and "fill-in" the gaps. Hey, it might be fun! I can call it "Fill-In the Gap Friday" or "Flashback Friday"...I'll work on that. But, hopefully I will post tomorrow - that would be a record! Two days in a row. Whoa. I am tired all ready... See you tomorrow!

No comments: