"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity,
it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
~ Agatha Christie

Alex, Cole and Braden - At 2 years, 2 months

Friday, February 6, 2009

Some First-Time Sledding Fun

I confess that our kids have been forced to inherit our hermit gene.  Mike and I are homebodies in the most serious way possible.  If they ever had Olympics for homebodies, that would be our sport. We are good at it...and love to be this way most of the time.  


Cabin Fever does settle over, as it does on most people this time of year, but I think it's just less severe for us.  Though, it is still there! I never got around to buying snowsuits for the kids this year - well, I found one for Alex, but I wasn't too aggressive about finding one for the boys because I just didn't think about it, honestly.  It never really crossed my mind that they might be old enough and want to play in the snow by this time of year...but they are!  So, now I feel bad and am scrounging the secondhand stores for a steal.  

One day, after church, Mike thought it would be spontaneous and fun (translation: less work) to get the kids out of the car and instead of taking them inside, plop them in the sled and have a go around the driveway a few laps. They were still in church clothes, no gloves, no hats, no boots...but I agreed, mostly because of the sheer guilt that I was not prepared for this iconic childhood moment. It wasn't as cold that day as most have been, so I grabbed the camera and watched Mike's glee! Braden was in the middle, and I think he just got tired out quicker, because he kept ending up in Cole's lap! Cole, then holding up himself and Braden kept losing it too and would fall back, sliding now on the back of his jacket, face to the sky. They were all giggling, but we didn't want them to get too cold, so we packed it up after a few passes. 

Next stop, Consignment Shop! Hopefully they will have 2 boy's suits, or else they might be forced to wear a pink or purple one just to enjoy the snow. Bad Mommy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket   

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: