"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity,
it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
~ Agatha Christie

Alex, Cole and Braden - At 2 years, 2 months

Saturday, October 4, 2008

As if that wasn't cool enough...

I just wanted to post about what an incredibly cool guy Dean Koontz is.

After winning the contest, I thought my glee had crescendoed. I was wrong! The next day in the mail, my "prize" arrived. It was a signed copy of Trixie's new book, but I was expecting that.


What I wasn't expecting was a hand written note from Dean tucked away in the pages, actually penned to me...about how he thought it sounded like Ruger was a "wonderful boy" and he knew Trixie and him were at play in the fields of Heaven. Wow. He wrote to every single winner personally. What a guy!


And then he signed the book...


An incredible gift that had me giggling in happy tears, missing Ruger and honored that he was honored so.

Thank you, dear Mr. Koontz. I suspect you know exactly what that meant to all of us, and that is exactly why you did it.

2 comments:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

How INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at this blog in a while and I'm in tears, Cheryle. I'm proud of you for your BEAUTIFUL poem and the legacy you've provided Ruger outside your world (and into the lives of Dean Koontz fans everywhere!). The kids look so grown up in the autumn photo!!! I miss you and love you and hope I see you soon!