"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity,
it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
~ Agatha Christie

Alex, Cole and Braden - At 2 years, 2 months

Friday, October 17, 2008

A lovely moment

I rarely get quality one-on-one time with my monkeys, so lately I have been making an effort to spend little bursts of that kind of time, concentrating on each one. I hope they get that idea that mommy loves them all, each for their own reasons, and not just the "package deal".

This morning I am on the floor with them all, wrestling, taking turns with each one, looking at them purposefully and with lots of love in my eyes. I'm hoping they get the idea that they can come to me anytime for individual snuggle or play time.

Cole is especially goofy this morning, matching mommy's tune, and we were wrestling. He was making all sorts of funny growling noises and his eyes were sparkling in mischief. He had this huge grin on his face and kept instigating. I ended up on my back and he toppled on me with so much force, I knew it was intended! He even made this "Uh!" sound, knowing I was about to imitate him once he landed on my tummy. I looked up at him, his face filling my frame of vision, our noses a few inches apart. He suddenly went quiet, looking into my eyes, still grinning, looking like he loved me, loved the time we were spending, loving this moment...

And, quick as a wink...he shoved his finger up my nose.

Moment over....back to wrestling!

No comments: